By: Michelle & Olivia
It’s #NationalJunkFoodDay and Friday. So, this is pretty much the best day ever. Although junk food is to be celebrated today, we’ve got bikini bodies on the mind and don’t want to mess it up! However, you can’t stop up from celebrating.
One of our favorite junk foods is nachos. And, if someone asks you if you want to eat nachos all day without the guilt, you say, “yes!” We’ve healthified nachos making them two ways; one sweet and one savory. Oh, and did we mention they’re low-carb? These nachos are pretty much better versions of salad. You’re welcome!
Keep reading for the recipe!
– 1 apple (pick your favorite)
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 2 tbsp PB2 powder***
– Unsweetened coconut flakes
*** Feel free to use actual peanut butter. We used PB2 to get more of a runny, sauce-like consistency.
1. Thinning slice your apple into slices and arrange on a plate.
2. Mix PB2 powder with 2 tbsp of water. If you want your mixture thicker or thinner, play around with the powder and water.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon over the apples, followed by drizzling the peanut butter sauce, and top with coconut flakes and raspberries.
4. Keep in mind, these are our favorite toppings. You can top you apple with whatever you’d like!
– 1 medium zucchini
– 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
– 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1 tsp chili powder
– 1 tbsp jalapeño brine
– 2 pickled jalapeños
– 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
– 1 tsp lime juice
– Sea salt
– Black olives
1. Preheat your oven to 425°.
2. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
3. Slice your zucchini into very thin disks. If the slices are too thick, they will hold on to too much water.
4. Place your zucchini slices between 2 paper towels to pat out any excess moisture.
5. In a high-speed blender, add all of the cheeze sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
6. Arrange your zucchini slices on the baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on these because they can go from brown to burnt very quickly. Don’t worry if some of your pieces get brown and crispy, it adds a little crunch to the dish.
7. Once your chips are baked, arrange on a plate and top with the cashew cheeze sauce and toppings of your choice.